Tuesday, June 30, 2009

The Ultimate Team


Recently, I was given the opportunity to eat dinner with a group of some of the most elite soldiers in the military. I have to say that this has been one of the highlights of my summer. What made this experience so incredible was to hear these men (extremely tough men) talk about teamwork, hardwork,comrodorary, and courage throughout the entire dinner. To be completely honest, words cannot describe these men nor do words give them justice for what they have done and how they have protected us as a country. Furthermore, I am grateful that we have men serving our country that know the value of hardwork, teamwork, and courage. To sit in the presence of these guys meant I was sitting in the presence of greatness.

As I sat and listened to their conversation I could sense an unbreakable bond between these men and I felt closeness in each one of them although they would probably never voice that publicly. I can only imagine how war can bring two brothers together and bond them for life. But what also made the evening so great was to since a servants attitude in each one of these men. I strongly believe that if death faced any of these guys they would not give up the team to save themselves. I also believe that the well-being of the rest of the group is more important that one individual person and I also know that they would say if they didn't have "this person or that person," they would not be as strong as a unit. I also believe that if one of them was out of line or doing things he was not supposed to be doing they would call him on it immediately. And I definitely know that if you mess with one of them... unfortunately, you mess with all of them (I would not want to be on the other end of that).

That is the team I want to be on and I hope that you would want to be on it as well. A team that knows their goal, works hard together, understands their role and how they play in important part, but without the rest of the team they are less effective. A team that is courageous, who walks the walk and doesn't just talk the talk. They have backbone and values. A sense of pride, tradition, and confidence that is written in their footsteps and sweat. This is the team that I want to be on, this is a team that will come out victorious again and again.

- Coach Bowles

1 comment: